Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off to School We Go...

"Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to school we go..." I find myself singing this familiar tune as I am getting ready to go back to school! But, for the first time, I am not setting up my own classroom. This year I will be serving as an instructional coach, assisting our teachers as we pursue excellence. I must admit, I still have mixed feelings about this transition. On the positive side, I am excited because I enjoy helping teachers, and will be able to spread the WBT joy amongst those who are embracing it. On the other hand, I KNOW I am going to miss the day to day interaction with my first graders! 

Oh no! I just realized I will not be able to wear my "Rule 5" button!!! I am wondering, can I adjust Rule 5 (to apply to the teachers)~ "Keep your coach happy"? Hmmm...

Many of our teachers are "dabbling" in WBT, and a few are fellow Wibbiteers! We even have two teachers who are participating in WBT's Model Classrooms.  How exciting!  Check out the ebook at www.wholebrainteaching.com

I am looking forward to hearing the sweet sound of students teaching each other as I weave in and out of classrooms across the campus.

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to bed I go, BECAUSE tomorrow is the first day of school!!!!!!!

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment