Monday, July 18, 2011

Bits and Pieces

Oh, how I LOVE our Whole Brain Teaching Conferences! It is so exciting when groups of dedicated teachers come together to learn, plan, and share, while having fun! One thing I kept hearing over and over was, "I have tried bits and pieces of WBT, but I am ready for more".  This statement reminds me of when I was a young girl, and my grandmother taught me how to make a quilt. All of the "bits and pieces" fit together to create a unique, beautiful quilt. In WBT, the pieces in my first grade classroom may fit together a little differently than in a high school classroom, but both are "beautiful quilts of learning", so to speak. What kind of WBT masterpiece are you creating with your students this year?
Deb Weigel
Co- Director, WBT Model Classrooms

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing analogy! I completely feel the same way! I guess that is why WBT is sweeping the nation and is such an amazing thing for teachers who have "tried everything" Each quilt is different and beautiful in its own way, the pieces fit together differently and each is really one-of-a-kind just like the teachers who use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb! It was so much fun meeting and working with you in Arizonia this week. I definitely found new pieces to add to my quilt! Can't wait to be able to attend another conference. Looking forward to working with you during this school year! Thanks for everything!

    ReplyDelete