Friday, May 27, 2011

Out of the mouth of first graders...

Today was my last official day as a classroom teacher, as I have been asked to take on new responsibilities next year. As I shared with my students the changes, at first they were sad. I explained that I would be helping teachers, and that I would get a chance to see all of the students next year, not just one class. One of my sweet class leaders piped up, "I hope our second grade teacher does not know how to do Whole Brain Teaching, because then you will be in our class a lot, teaching the fun way!" Another student added, "But it's OK, because we can teach the second grade teachers all about the scoreboard and teach-OK and brain toys. She probably will catch on quick!" Ooooo...how I love their thinking! Our goal is to equip our students to become Whole Brain Teachers, and my kiddos are ready for their next assignment! Woo Hoo!

4 comments:

  1. Your students are great!! Ten Finger Woo for student leaders ready to instruct their new teachers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Isn't it funny how they get even though they won't be with you anyways? When I told mine that I'd be moving down a grade-level, they were so worried! But I told them that some of their future teachers would be using some of the same stuff I did and assured them they'd always be able to come visit me, and that helped. Can't wait to see you in Phoenix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is AWESOME! Hope you got my email so you can help me have a class like yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks SO much for everything you have taught me these past few days!! You ROCK!!! I can't wait for school to begin so that I can incorporate WBT!!! Any classroom videos you may have would be so greatly appreciated. I would love to see you in action in your classroom!

    http://erica-elementaryexcitement.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete